TIW 2v2 Challenge Tournament

[I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 3 December 2018 - 8:38 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
Th0m wrote:
What do people think about replacing Lustful with RTD? Lustful always seems to pop up despite the fact it is never played to my knowledge (Same is true for CBX). It's never had a 1v1 scene except for when Javi tried to make it happen - props to him. It's never really had an authentic TG scene either. RTD has however been extremely popular at times independent of external marketing and promotion. 2v2 or TG RTD does seem strange but bear in mind barely anyone plays RCB TG since FFA is really the only played format & considering RCB is going to make its presence felt on merit of its popularity, I see no reason why RTD shouldn't also be included. If playing random civ CBA/Hero doesn't lie outside the realm of possibility, again, I see no reason something random like RTD shouldn't be included. These arguments don't just apply to RTD but also to MCB/TD even. If we don't include played maps in CS and instead resort to relatively unplayed maps, we risk the chance of 'disenfranchising' the other CS players which is how things happened in the past. I understand this event is based on the previous format of TiW and maybe my comments are better presented in the future but what better time to make changes than the here and now?

I disagree as you cant even remotely compare lustful to rtd. Firstly lustful is much easier to pick up and play for any casual gamer and secondly because lustful consistently gets voted in as a map for all TIW's in all tg settings as well as even 1v1 sometimes, its actually one of the most popular voted on maps. Only cba hero and rcb got the same amount of votes from the gold league vote in 2016. On a quick glance and even including both bronze league votes and 2015 votes, the difference is something like 19-1 in total votes, so its not close. Not to mention its also had a numbers of successful leagues and tournaments. The point can be made the landscape in custom as changed but thats mostly down to the current rtd league but the last lustful league was also popular.

I do though believe though its a discussion best served in the future as always in custom as we all know nobody is ever fully satisfied with map picks and its probably one of the main reason alot of wars/tournaments and competitive games don't happen. As apposed to going round in circles and knowing time is of the essence baring in mind I want to try and host this on the 16th of December id like to press ahead and look to a new map vote in the new year once it becomes clear who not only plays in this but also who will participate in the next TIW
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Zanchy____

Edited 3 December 2018 - 9:51 pm by [Eot_]Zanchy____
@ LnL

Think roulette blood is played more than RTD in the past 6 months tbh... but I agree with your point about lustful, it's barely played lol, not sure why it's there once, let alone twice.

@ Army

Is there no flexibility / possible vote on the date? :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 3 December 2018 - 10:14 pm by [I3acI]_Army1_
@ LnL

Think roulette blood is played more than RTD in the past 6 months tbh... but I agree with your point about lustful, it's barely played lol, not sure why it's there once, let alone twice.

Any popularity in any map outside of cbs is generally down to which league is being done or tournament and i can honestly also say ive never seen or heard of anyone doing 2v2 rtd. Had a quick look in the last 10 pages of rtd games and none were 2v2. Lustful as already mentioned was as popular a pick in the last vote as even cba hero amazingly so its inclusion is without question.
@ Army

Is there no flexibility / possible vote on the date? :P

Simply cant do a vote without any idea of who will play in this and without knowing who will play in the next TIW. Plus as already stated previously it takes weeks to sort votes out even when you know who is playing and we dont even know that. I want to get this tournament done this side of Christmas and then look to other tournaments in the new year so the time isnt there. I really don't want to try and commit to doing it over the Christmas holidays as I simply don't have a clue about when i might be free and January is my busiest month of the year. Regarding the proposed date just know that if its on the 16th it will need to start at the earliest at 6.30pm GMT simply because on the 16th theres a small matter of a man utd v liverpool match starting at 4pm Gmt meaning i can't get online until 6pm and i would imagine I would want to have time to sort out sign ups and brackets.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Army1_VCom

Posted 3 December 2018 - 10:40 pm
Im writing up the tourney now but im curious on what people think about allowing people to pick random civs as a home pick?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Th0m

Posted 3 December 2018 - 10:45 pm
Fellaini gets red carded in final 10mins. Utd lose. Pogba plays for the U23s. Rashford gets injured. No need to watch
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Army1_VCom

Edited 3 December 2018 - 11:11 pm by +Army1_VCom
The chances of me missing a man utd match never mind one against liverpool fall somewhere between no chance and no hope lol.

Rules/settings/date/map pack thread:
https://vooblycommittee.voobly.com/forum/thread/298526/:1321101#post1321101
Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Posted 3 December 2018 - 11:23 pm
@LnL

Until I understand this TiW is supposed to get few and easy maps in (Maybe I'm wrong) , and imho Lustful way easier to learn and less probs (almost 0% if you know what to do) of lose by bad luck (Important fact in RTD, isn't it?), in my opinion.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]BEKSniper_

Posted 3 December 2018 - 11:57 pm

I understand (Maybe I'm wrong) , imho less probs (almost 0% if you know what to do) in my opinion.

1111111111111111111111111111111 when you realize your a **** and trying not to get bashed for stating ur ****ed opinion rofl

Link | Reply | Quote
 user124641314

Posted 4 December 2018 - 12:50 am
1111111111111111111111111111111 when you realize your a **** and trying not to get bashed for stating ur ****ed opinion rofl
funny is you editing my message as how do you like to read it
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Posted 4 December 2018 - 2:52 am
@Army:

Im strictly against Europe in this tournament. Youre saying you want to include it because matches were fun to watch in last TiW. But keep in mind that you removed the vetos for this tournament. That means that last TiW the only teams playing Europe were those who wanted to play it, thats why they were entertaining. Imagine a team of Cena/Stryker picking Europe against a team of Zanchy/Javi. Since it cant be vetod, youve got 2 options here. a) Zanchy/Javi instantly resigning because theyve got a 0% chance of winning. b) They wont resign and Cena/Stryker will rape them within 10 minutes. How is that entertaining? If there are no vetos then Europe should certainly not be included.
Also, Europe requires a complete different skillset. Out of my head there is not a single CS map that requires you to build up eco aside from the Sheep vs Wolf 2 mod. CS maps are all about micro and strategy, not about using your villagers to chop wood and farm and stuff like that.

Im also against random civ as home pick. But now that I think about it, why not. No sane person would pick a map like CBA theyve got high chances at winning and then say the civs are random. That would be ****ed as it would only increase the odds for your opponent.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Edited 4 December 2018 - 4:15 am by [I3acI]_Army1_
Ive already removed europe lol, I can see the reasoning why it shouldnt be there so removed it. I think u should check the thread that has rules/settings/map packs.

I was thinking random civ in a home pick as random is still the most common way to play and i suspect we might get cb only based teams who usually only play random. Who if they played random in their home pick it gives them some chance against certain teams who would be cb pros and going mirror is going to give them practically no chance of winning even in a home pick. No decision has been made on it. Its more just a suggestion to see what people think.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]BEKSniper_

Edited 4 December 2018 - 10:14 pm by [xCs]BEKSniper_
funny is you editing my message as how do you like to read it

I wonder what is the point for someone like you to share their ideas.

They are either barely comprehensible and ****ed or simply undecipherable.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Eot_gloo

Posted 5 December 2018 - 7:27 pm
sign me up
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]BEKSniper_

Posted 5 December 2018 - 7:56 pm
Eot_gloo wrote:
sign me up

OMG same
Link | Reply | Quote
 ReY_CarLhossS_s